Monday, December 31, 2012

My envelope system


By now many of you have heard of Dave Ramsey and the Total Money Makeover, if you haven't check it out HERE  Well, I have not taken the class but I have decided to try the envelope system that he talks about.  Of course I can not have plain ol' fuddy duddy envelopes so I created some fancy schmancy ones of my own using a template found HERE and printing it on Close to my Heart paper. 

I chose to use an older paper pack that I have been wanting to use up called Emporium.  The great thing about our paper packs is that they coordinate so well together that it was a cinch to whip these up.  Here are the steps that I did:

  1. Choose paper pack and cut down to 8 1/2 x 11.
  2. Using template print out onto paper.
  3. Cut out template and using Tombow adhesive adhere bottom and side flaps.
  4. Print out labels from same site and punch out with 1 1/4" punch. (I printed mine out on Avery sticky label paper to save time)
  5. Adhere to 1 3/8" punched scallop circle (or use Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out scallops).
That's it!  Super easy, super fun and super fancy.  The labels I chose are groceries, gas, fun, haircuts & personal care, and eating out.  You can make as many envelopes as you would like to fit your needs.


Here is a peek into my grocery envelope. 

 I did not want to create an envelope for each week so  I used 3 x 5 index cards folded at different points to put four weeks into one envelope.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know if you have used/plan to use the envelope system.

No comments:

Post a Comment