Helpful HintsTo create the techniques featured in this artwork, follow the helpful hints outlined below. Then use the Magic: Now You See It—Right™ (altered) pattern found on page 23 in our how-to publication for inspiration.
- Stamp the chevron image from the In the Background stamp set twice with Cotton Candy pigment ink; set it aside to try and then use the 1 1/4" circle punch to create four circles.
- Create two more 1 1/4" circles from papers of choice.
- To create the chevron circle faux flower in the lower middle portion of the page, cut 8 slits in three of the chevron circles, making sure the scissor blades do not go all the way to the center of the circle; layer the three circles and adhere together in the center. Save the remaining chevron circle for the paper accent in the top left corner of the page.
- Add visual interest by making a paper banner by cutting three pennants from Blush cardstock. To add an extra touch, sponge the edges with Cotton Candy ink. Attach the banner to baker’s twine using Glue Dots and attach to page with clothes pins.
- Embellish with your choice of stamped accents, paper accents, and accessories, adding dimension with 3-D foam tape as desired.